Tuesday, November 10, 2009

EDUCAUSE ELI Presentation

Today I presented a webinar through EDUCAUSE ELI. The webinar was on facilitating scholarship of teaching using electronic course portfolios and it was the first time I have ever presented in this format.

It was an interesting process, and I will admit, I was nervous about this presentation! I think my biggest concern was the webinar format and not having any visual feedback from the audience. My other worry was that all of my verbal bad-habits, ummm, er, you know, sniff would be glaringly apparent and be endured by the poor audience.

All in all it went pretty well. ELI staff Veronica Diaz and Malcolm Brown were great to work with and made sure I was prepared before we began. The helped facilitate the technical aspects and moderate the questions. It felt like I stumbled a few times and one I know I was slow on advancing the slide once when I was looking at my notes. There were some really good questions, and I was very grateful to the participants who shared their experiences and offered comments via the chat tools.

So it was a new experience and I would definitely consider presenting a webinar again – just not too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment